Friday, October 19, 2012

Breaking Dawn: Part 2 in SFX Magazine with Rob and Kristen Interviews

imagebam.com 
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Transcript

"If you have a good wire team, then you'll look good..." Robert Pattinson, Edward.

What was the most touching moment of the whole series? And what was the hardest?
In the first one when Bella is in the hospital and she says, "Don't ever leave me again," and I say "Where am I going to go?" I still think that is my favorite scene, maybe because we made up the lines. In every film afterwards, that was unheard of. Everyone was so militant, like, "It has to be from the book." The hardest? Probably the birth scene - mainly because it was hilarious and it was supposed to be serious. There was one shot where I had to chew the baby out, and I'm not supposed to be able to cry as a vampire, but I am crying because I was laughing so much.

Did you prepare differently for the physical stuff is Part Two?
We shot the battle stuff at the end, and I was totally out of shape by that point! But for film fighting, you don't have to be that fit, because it's not really like normal fighting. I'm quite malcoordinated, so it's easy for me to do. When you're throwing a punch, it's got to be so huge, most people who actually box are used to keeping it tight, that it feels fake to them. But I can generally do it in one or two takes whereas everyone who is physically fit has to do 10, so that's great. The only annoying thing is the wire stuff - but if you have a good wire team, then you'll look good.

So you know the best wire team to work with now?
There are two people who are really good at it. Most people think you can set up an action sequence and say, "Okay, let's do it on wires," but everyone sees that it's on wires, so it's boring. You look at these $10 million sequences where they're using so many wires and stuff, it's boring. It's nothing. I don't understand. It's the same as CG: they spend $20 million on CG, and it's like, "Cool, it looks like a videogame. Well done."

What will you miss most about the franchise?
There's something incredibly familiar about it where you know everyone, which is the antithesis of what you normally have on a movie set. When you know people - it's pretty nice. But then again, one of the greatest things about acting is that you can leave everybody behind!

"There's nothing stronger than a woman protecting her child" Kristen Stewart, Bella.

How different is Bella as a vampire?
To me Bella has always been emotionally honest and because of that, sometimes unsteady, and desperate and stumbling. So once she is finally a vampire, it feels so good. The fact that as a vampire you think a mile a minute, nothing is ever going to be anything other than decisive. Also, she has this feral, protective nature - there is nothing stronger than a woman protecting her child. So everything she is as a vampire is infused with the things that made her great as a human. But she is this very new, young animal and is figuring out how to use the tools she has been given. It's like a 12-year-old getting into a six-speed sports car and being like, "Whoa!"

What about the challenges from a physical point of view? Did you act stronger?
Yeah, I wanted to feel that strong but obviously you can't. You have to fake certain things. I liked being able to actually run on the ground - not on treadmills - get actual space behind me. There were different ways we accomplished looking strong and fast, and my favorite bits were the ones we could actually do.

What did you do to change her look as a vampire?
Well, Alice dresses her after she becomes a vampire because Bella is so focused on other things, like having the self-control to not rip everyones's throat out, even though that comes very easy to her. But within Alice's ridiculous choices of wardrobe, everything is functional, her clothes are very straightforward - and then she will go and wear some random pair of high-heeled boots, and you'll be like, "What are you doing? This is weird."


Are you worried people will always talk to you about Twilight, whatever you do next?
People always talk about the fact that I have got super-duper famous on Twilight, but if people who loved the books have a hard time seeing me in other parts, it's the ultimate compliment. I understand that. I am proud of Twilight and hopefully people will keep talking about it.

Gossipgyal | via

No comments:

Post a Comment